After two days of stressing out about the profile image system implementation, I finally got it working. I was missing a piece of code that I thought I had written there and that’s why it wasn’t working, I didn’t notice it at first. When programming, it’s usually the tiniest/stupidest errors that are the most frustrating.
This is a preview of how it’s working, I’m displaying the images uploaded for now while I test everything out. The image upload script makes two versions of the image. I set a maximum size for the file and create two proportional new sizes, a “big” one which is used for the user profile and sidebar avatar and a “small” one that will be used for status updates, comments, etc. Both image paths are saved to the database.
I also implemented the user profile system, if the user is logged in, you can see your own profile on “profile.php“, or by going to “profile.php?user=Your Username“, which you can also use to see other people’s profiles (even when you’re not logged in). I’m still thinking about rewriting the Apache server rules for that site so I can have something like “website.com/profile/username here“.
My first revision is this Friday and I think I have more than required for the appointment with the professor, let’s see how that goes.
I took a little “online” break this past week, and it was good to spend these past few days relaxing like the good old days, not letting technology spoil the fun. I though, why not make a bullet list with a few things I’ve done this past week? Lists are always fun and they are useful to get your point across in simple and short way.
- I’ve begun designing the layout for my portfolio.
- On Valentine’s Day, I went to support my boyfriend at a Mental Health event, he was one of the speakers. After the presentation, we had a nice meal at a nearby restaurant.
- Began working on a new theme for this blog.
- Applied for a scholarship that will (if accepted) fund a Business and Mobile Development course. The people who were accepted will be notified tomorrow, so I’m hoping I’m one of them!
- I think I’ve finally kicked the Soda addiction, yay!
- Have been playing Minecraft and Skyrim.
What have you been doing these past few days?