I’ve been thinking about writing a post for a long while but every time I tried I ended up deleting everything I wrote. So I figured it would be best to do a list of things that have been going on ever since my last post.
- Remember my post about water? Well, we have been in Phase 2 of water rationing for a few weeks now. We only have water three days out of seven. It is tough, but it makes me appreciate water so much more.
- Was able to rescue a dog that had escaped from her home. We were driving home and saw a dog running in the middle of the street, with her leash still attached, looking very disoriented. I parked right away and tried to get her attention so she could come to me. A car could have easily killed her. Fortunately, she had a chip and we were able to contact her owner. Her owner was so grateful when we met up with her to give her the dog. Things like this make me feel so happy, to be able to help.
- Have been reading “Looking for Alaska” by John Green. It’s a pretty good read, I need to finish it. I was going through it very quickly and then a bunch of stuff happened at once so I had to put it on hold. My goal is to finish the book within the next two weeks if possible.
- A few months ago I joined the Extra Life movement through Extra Life Puerto Rico, the local team. I have been actively participating, especially through streaming on Twitch. I’ve raised $139 so far which makes me really happy. I will talk about Extra Life in a future post. Being a part of this has been extremely positive.
- On August 29th, Juan and I attended a WWE Live event here in Puerto Rico, it was fun.
[instagram url=http://instagram.com/p/6_Hr0JowUl hidecaption=true]
- Juan and I booked a hotel room in Aguadilla for next weekend. Juan’s birthday is on the 13th so we thought it would be fun to have a getaway weekend at one of our favorite places. Aguadilla has so many amazing places, especially places to eat.
And that’s what I’ve been doing lately in a nutshell. I hope to get back into writing mode. I miss it.
I disappeared from the online world for a few weeks. It has been extremely stressful, hectic and it’s just getting to become more real that a lot of changes ARE happening and will be happening for the next few months.
There are less than three months for my wedding and like a lot of people say, the last few months are crucial. We need to get everything in order with the decorations, venue, etc. before the wedding. But most importantly, we need to finish up our apartment as soon as possible. A few of my family members who are flying in are staying at my parents’ house the week before the wedding so I’ll probably stay at the apartment. Hopefully we can get everything done and purchased in time.
Lately, I have:
- Started designing the wedding invites. I decided to tackle them myself. I’ve been designing them on Adobe Illustrator but I’m still not 100% happy with them. Hopefully they will be done by mid-October so we can send them out.
- After finishing reading ‘Divergent’ (review will be up soon) from my to read list, I begun reading ‘Insurgent’. I haven’t had a lot of time to finish reading it but I’m halfway done, it’s great so far.
- Photographed another wrestling show.
- Finished paying off my wedding dress, just need to order the veil and sash and I’m done with the wedding outfit details.
- Juan and I will start a business project soon that really has me excited, we are figuring out all the details during the next few months.
- Have been taking some time for myself. Usually, I always do things for others but not for myself. I decided to be a little selfish every now and then, and spend time with the person I know the most, myself.
- Tried food I always avoided and ended up loving it.
That’s just a little summary of what I’ve been up to lately. I’m sure there’s more to add on that list but I honestly don’t remember right now. I’m working on a few posts to have published during these next few weeks so I don’t abandon this place.
What have you been up to lately?