2015 was a very interesting year. It was a year of a lot of growth and meeting great friends. I wanted to do a general summary of what happened during 2015 and how that made me grow as a person.
- Was enjoying the first few weeks of being married.
- I planned to do a recap of my honeymoon dividing it by day. I only made one post, so I absolutely failed.
- I didn’t post anything on the blog this month. But basically February was a month of buying things we needed for our apartment, those little things you buy to make your place better. And also things we needed for the kitchen.
- I posted a video about a Nutella Ferrero Rocher Cake we made for our sister a few months earlier. This is when I got back into editing videos using a more sophisticated editing software. Years back, I used to edit videos with Movie Maker. Now I’m using Adobe Premiere Pro. It is such a difference.
- I wrote a post about pro-wrestling, inspired by a video made by Max Landis. I had been working with a local wrestling company so I was able to share my experience from the things I’ve seen and talked about with wrestlers firsthand.
- I decided to make some changes on this blog and decided to separate some topics. As a freelance web developer and designer, I often wrote about these topics. But since opening my portfolio and business I made the decision to stop posting about web development related topics and posting them there. This was more of a concern of keeping things more organized. I decided to do the same for gaming related posts, since I was working on a project that its focus was going to be on just that.
- This was a very hard time for time, physically and mentally. I dealt with these different issues head-on and buried myself in work, which helped.
- I noticed that I hadn’t posted any wedding pictures on the blog, so I made a quick post sharing some of my favorite pictures.
- Juan and I had a weekend getaway in Aguadilla, PR. We visited a restaurant we loved, TBC. I decided to start a blog series showcasing our favorite restaurants that are local and not affiliated to any franchise.
- Juan and I became involved with Extra Life Puerto Rico. This was the beginning of many great things related to gaming.
- There was a very concerning drought problem in Puerto Rico. And we were affected by having to settle to a water rationing regulation. We spent about five months under this regulation and we finally started having rain more often, which ended our drought.
- I begun streaming every Thursday on the Extra Life Puerto Rico twitch channel. My segment was called Shuffle Thursdays.
- I shared a list of things that I had been doing lately since I completely forgot to post as things happened.
- I wrote a post about a video of a Dancing Cow I absolutely loved.
- My sister had her 16th birthday. It’s so amazing how time flies. She’s so big now.
- I was part of a panel about Women in Gaming. It was an amazing experience and feel so honored to have been a part of it.
- Juan and I played video games for 24 hours during the Extra Life Game Day on November 7. We raised money for the San Jorge Children’s Foundation as part of the Extra Life Puerto Rico Team.
- It was my 26th birthday on November 8 and went to a restaurant with all my family. It was such a great day.
- I was challenged to do a 30 Day Video Challenge as part of an Extra Life Puerto Rico movement. I was able to complete it and I’m extremely surprised that I stuck with it.
Did you have any memorable moments about 2015? What were they?
For years I’ve seen these kind of posts all around the blogosphere and I thought I should start doing it as well. It’s a great way to remember important events and details you might oversee during the year. So here it is, my 2013: Year in Review.
- Won tickets to go to the “Gangster Squad” premiere. I usually never win anything so it was fun to go.
- My boyfriend and I went to an elementary school and talked about mental health awareness and the dangers of bullying. It was a great experience, and it was the first time I talked to a large crowd (outside from support groups) about mental health.
- Helped my boyfriend with a wrestling short film he wrote and was filming. The short film ended up getting recognition by several local wrestling companies here in Puerto Rico, it was actually the first short film about wrestling done in Puerto Rico.
- Had a great date with Juan in OSJ, we hadn’t been out in a while and it was fun.
- Got hooked with the TV show “Lost Girl“, it has become one of my favorite TV series.
- March 21 was animal abuse awareness day here in Puerto Rico and I wore purple and also donated to support the cause.
- It was my three year anniversary with Juan.
- Watched Wrestlemania XXIX with Juan and some good friends at their house who are also big wrestling fans. It was the first time I watched Wrestlemania with people, I usually watched using an online stream.
- Started seeing a psychologist consistently so I could deal with my mental illness.
- Decided to share publicly what I had been going through. It was liberating.
- Rescued a dog.
- Finished another stressful semester.
- Got a DSLR: Canon 60D. I’m excited to keep learning about photography and videos.
- Juan got his Digital Film Production bachelor’s degree. I am extremely proud of him.
- Traveled to Reno, NV and Atlanta, GA for three weeks.
- Attended the 2013 IOCDF OCD Convention. It was an awesome experience and learned a lot.
- My boyfriend celebrated his 24th birthday.
- Juan and I were featured on a local newspaper article regarding mental health.
- My sister turned 14 years old, time flies.
- Our (Juan and I) mental health non-profit did an OCD Awareness workshop.
- Shared what recovery means for me. I’ve realized that sharing my experiences and struggles with others also helps me.
- Went to a walk supporting mental health awareness that was organized by one of the local organizations we collaborate with.
- Celebrated my 24th birthday.
- Attended ‘Innovators Showcase’, presented by the Social Media Club of Puerto Rico.
- Got my seasonal sickness.
- Shared what I’m thankful for this year.
- Almost lost my youngest dog, Scooby.
- Got engaged. It was a perfect proposal, I’m extremely happy about this.
So that was most of my year in a nutshell. This year was a learning experience and the struggles I went through made me recover emotionally and physically. Curious to see what 2014 brings.
Happy New Year everyone, be safe!