This year saw a low amount of posts on Nicole Jeanette. I apologize for that, and promise to do better, because there is a lot I want to write about during 2019. For this year in review, I’ll be sharing some of the things that happened throughout the year that I didn’t write about on here, including my goals and hopes for this new year.
The first half of 2018 was still rough recovering from Hurricane Maria. We experienced consistent problems with electricity and found ourselves dealing with issues with our ISP for a few months over our internet connection (specifically upload). This year, was also a real challenge for me as I had to go out of my comfort zone and deal with my social anxiety (besides my Generalized Anxiety Disorder) head-on. I was able to overcome a lot, and for that I’m glad.
A summary of my year:
- We got back from our trip to New York City. It was great to get away from all the craziness and spend the Christmas holidays there. We had an amazing time and are already planning to go back (maybe 2019?). Also, I got to experience a full day of snow!
- Started using the Kindle Fire I got in NYC consistently and was reading a lot more. Even got a Kindle Unlimited subscription to take advantage of being able to read more. Recommend the service for those who are avid readers.
- Attended the Coffee and Chocolate Expo 2018.
- Participated in a VR Gaming Livestream. Thank you to Criticologos for the invite, it was incredibly fun.
- We began having problems with our internet service (especially upload), this affected most of our digital projects and it began with a back and forth with our ISP for about 3 months. We had to end up filing an FCC claim against our ISP, that’s when they fixed our issue.
- Booked our flights and Airbnb for our trip to Seattle, WA. We booked it not knowing if we would be able to purchase tickets for PAX West, but thankfully everything worked out.
- Juan and I started watching Brooklyn Nine Nine, it became one of our favorite TV Shows. We’re up to date and can’t wait for the new season in January.
- Went to see 1964 The Tribute at VIVO Beach Club. Fun times!
- Booked our tickets for PAX West (Friday and Sunday). It was such a relief because we know the tickets usually run out very quickly.
- Was part of a gaming panel talking about the E3 2018 conference.
- Internet was finally back in order and we were able to resume most of our online and digital projects.
- Juan and I did a 12 hour Extra Life marathon and raised $700 for the kids of the San Jorge Children’s Foundation.
- Traveled to Seattle, WA and attended PAX West 2018. It was truly one of my favorite trips, and being able to have two of our best friends along for the ride made it even more special.
- Got back from our trip to Seattle.
- Celebrated Juan’s birthday
- Celebrated my 29th birthday
- We did the Extra Life 24 hour marathon at our house and we had an amazing time. We raised $800+ that day!
- The Holidays in Puerto Rico are always something else, we have been enjoying good food and our famous coquito.
- Celebrated my 4th wedding anniversary
2018 was full of challenges, lessons, and good things. I hope 2019 is even better.
I wish everybody has a Happy New Year!
What are your goals for 2019?