This year has truly been a roller coaster ride. It has seen some amazing moments, and a few very low points with my mental health. But in retrospect, it was more good moments, which makes me happy. For this year in review, I’ll be sharing some of the things that happened throughout the year, including my goals and hopes for this new year.
A summary of my 2019:
- On January 7, 2019 Juan and I adopted a Keto lifestyle. Almost a year in, it has benefited both of us immensely. I have lost 50 pounds and I’m hoping to lose a little bit more so I can reach my goal weight. Primarily, this wasn’t specifically to lose weight, but more to feel better physically. We include “cheat” meals every couple of weeks where we eat higher carb meals and that has worked well for us. The fact that I’ve been able to stick to a lifestyle change for a year has been amazing and I feel proud of myself.
- Juan and I stopped streaming 3-4 days a week on our Twitch channel and started making weekly gaming videos (with a focus on co-op) on Youtube. At that moment, streaming was causing a lot of anxiety (after streaming consistently for a few years), and we just needed a break.
- Got my first win in Apex Legends.
- Did a 4 hour mini-marathon for the kids through Extra Life
- Participated in a 24 hour Extra Life marathon through Extra Lifers 24/7 which I’m a part of
- Worked on Juan’s blog/website
- Booked a trip to New York for late October
- Lost a family member. That, combined with other personal issues made me re-evaluate a lot of things. I took a break from a lot of online and offline things for a few months. I needed to decompress.
- Went to a Symphonic Rock concert, it was so good. Hoping they do another one in 2020.
- Worked on a revamp for this blog.
- Juan launched his mental health podcast Happy to Fail and I asked him a few questions in this blog post.
- After months of experiencing memory hog issues with Google Chrome, I switched to Mozilla Firefox.
- Shared my favorites for the month of June.
- Wrote about the crisis in Puerto Rico happening during the summer. It is probably the only or one of the only posts about politics/government I’ve written.
- Booked a center where we would celebrate our joint birthday/anniversary party in September
- Juan and I started talking about the idea of buying a house. You can read more about it here.
- Shared my favorites for the month of July.
- We revamped our shared gaming room/office. I’m going to miss this room when we move to the new house.
- Shared my favorites for the month of August.
- Had our 90s themed party. We had a blast.
- After spending time on the platform for the previous months, I started streaming consistently on Mixer.
- Had our week-long vacation in New York! We were in the midst of the house buying process and it was a much needed break.
- Was a part of the Extra Life marathon at the Microsoft Store in Plaza las Américas on November 2.
- Turned 30 years old.
- Shared my first impressions about the game Sparklite.
- Juan and I became homeowners.
- We celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary on December 20.
- We did some renovations to the house and are in the process of moving everything there.
2019 was full of lessons and many big decisions. We now own a home and have a new place to create new memories. 2020 will consist of working on our home and ourselves, trying to be better every single day.
I wish everybody has a Happy New Year!
What are your goals for 2020?