This year, along with 2020, have been most of the challenging years I’ve had so far. The COVID-19 pandemic has been a hugely impactful in aspects like my career, hobbies and personal life.
It has also brought self-discovery and appreciation of things that were normally looked down upon as a given. If I can summarize 2021 in one word, it would be: Perspective.
A summary of my 2021:
- I was deep in getting permits for my online store, Bit Element. I was surprised of how tedious and long these processes can be. I also bought a good portion of the equipment needed to have everything ready.
- Had a pretty good month of Twitch streams. Unfortunately, this would be one of the last months where I would consistently stream. Upload issues with our ISP keep persisting even after reporting it a bunch of times.
- Wandavision was released on Disney+, Juan and I were hooked. The show became one of our favorites in a long while.
- Was doing a lot of digital drawings using Procreate
- Designing and organizing materials for Bit Element to get ready for its launch
- Bought mailing equipment for Bit Element, including a label printer. This turned out to be one of the best purchases, it made the packaging process so easy.
- Got my first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine
- Launched my online shop Bit Element.
- Joined a book club with some friends and started reading a book every month.
- We got an Oculus Quest II VR headset. Ever since then it has become my primary source of exercise.
- Upgraded my iPhone XS Max to the iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Added more decor to my home office via a collaboration with Photowall
- My niece Amira was born. I can’t describe how excited I feel about becoming an aunt. She is precious and I can’t wait until she’s older so she can spend more time with us.
- Was feeling very burned out and unmotivated, so we stayed at an Airbnb for a weekend in Aguadilla. It was a much needed breather away from all the chaos.
- Was promoted to Lead Developer at work. It was something I was working towards and I’m ecstatic it came to fruition. I work very hard, and it’s a great feeling to know that it’s being noticed and appreciated.
- Finished Psychonauts 2, this is one of my favorite games of all time. I had such a blast playing it and it was a breath of fresh air in between all the stress from the pandemic.
- We were able to buy a Playstation 5. This was a lucky chance for us because we know how hard they are to get. A friend told us Best Buy had some available, we drove for an hour (we weren’t in the area) and got there assuming there were none left. Luckily, there were. About 5 minutes after we got there, they were gone.
- I turned 32 years old
- After 14 years, my dog Chispy passed away. My heart is absolutely broken and I miss her every single day.
- Became a mentor for a Codepillars program that helps girls between the ages of 12-16 create projects related to STEM. I am mentoring and helping out with programming concepts.
- Juan and I had our 7th wedding anniversary. Time flies. We’re already talking about doing something big for our 10th anniversary. Let’s see how everything is by then.
How was your 2021?