I’ll be taking a few days off to enjoy the holidays with my family and those closest to me. Before I do that, I made a little something to share with all of you.
I wish you all the best during this holiday season and hope you celebrate and have a safe happy new year. May 2014 bring you happiness and opportunities.
Thanksgiving is a holiday that is all about appreciation, being thankful of the things you have and the people that are a part of your life. It’s also a great time to spend with family. A benefit about this is getting to eat a more extravagant meal compared to an ordinary day, which is always a plus.
Holidays can become too commercialized. But I’ve always done my appreciation in regards to the holiday. This is what I’m thankful for this year:
- Family: I am thankful that my family has always been there. Even though there may be disagreements, they are there for me. I am thankful that my grandparents (father’s side) are still alive and well. Those two are my life, and without them, I don’t know what I would do.
- My dogs: Chispy, Fender and Scooby. They are my children, my everything. They make me smile, they light up my life. And I will always appreciate their loyalty to me.
- My boyfriend: We’ve been together for almost four years. He is such a good person and I’ve always admired him for his dedication into helping others. He’s always been there for me. I really can’t thank him enough for all he’s done.
- Education: Even though it has taken me more time than planned to obtain a bachelor’s degree, I’m thankful that I’m able to get an education I can afford, and something that will help me in the future. There have been many obstacles, but I know I will be able to achieve my goal and graduate, no matter what.
- Opportunities: There are some awesome opportunities that may happen during 2014. If they do happen, I will have a steady income and I will do what I love for a while. Here’s to hoping it becomes in a long-term opportunity.
- Therapy: I made the decision to start getting professional help about my anxiety disorders this year. Therapy has helped me tremendously and has made me grow a lot as a person. Even though dealing with a mental illness (or illnesses) is a long-term struggle, I’m now able to control it much better.
Happy Thanksgiving! Hope it was a good one (for those who celebrate it, of course).
Photo by Cindi Albright