This time of year is a time to be thankful for the people who are in your life, the opportunities you receive and other things you consider important. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day, a day to be appreciative and spend it with family (for those who celebrate it, of course).
I made a list last year of things that had happened during the year that made me feel appreciative. I decided to continue the tradition and share the things I’m thankful for this year.
- Family: I’ve always been a family-oriented person and I appreciate all the sacrifices they’ve had to make to achieve and get better things for me and my sister. Things aren’t always easy, but I know that I can always count on them.
- My dogs: Without my three furry friends, I don’t know what I would do. They make me smile every day and instantly cheer me up whenever I have a bad day.
- My fiancé: My very-soon-to-be husband (in less than a month) is the most important person in my life and I am so thankful that I got to meet such an amazing person. I can’t imagine sharing my life with someone else and I’m so glad that I will embark on a new journey with him as husband and wife.
- Self-Improvement: This year’s focus has been to reinvent myself and find new methods to deal with my anxiety. I choose not to let anxiety rule my life and make it unbearable. I’ve found new and have re-discovered some hobbies that definitely help me stay calm and focused. By setting a goal of becoming a better version of myself every day, it becomes a challenge I welcome with enthusiasm. It’s not only about my mental health, it’s everything. Mind, body and soul.
- Future Endeavors: There are several exciting things planned for 2015 and it’s my mission for them to be successful.
I am going to take the time and enjoy Thanksgiving with my family and forget about all the commercial overload stores are manipulating us with, like Black Friday deals and such. Where people stop spending time with family just so they can camp out at their favorite store hours and hours before and get deal.
Hope everybody has a great day tomorrow! What are your plans?