I’ve been out of the loop – blogging wise – for a while. It wasn’t intentional, so I decided to do a little recap and list some things that have been going on:
- Went to Washington, D.C in May. My husband was a panelist at SAMHSA’s National Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day: Partnering for Help and Hope. So proud of everything he has accomplished.
- After working as a freelance web developer for a long time, the loneliness of working at home kept creeping in. In May, I got a job at a digital marketing agency as a Web Developer and Designer. It has been fun, I love my co-workers and I’ve definitely been challenged as a programmer, which is always good. Something I’m truly grateful for is that my job offers a lot of flexibility (I can work remotely if I need to).
- Built a custom PC in June. My old computer was five years old and could barely run any games or deal with resource intensive software. I’m in love with it. Here’s my build in case you want to check it out.
- Booked a trip to New York City in December to celebrate our third anniversary. We spent our honeymoon there and loved it, so we’re excited to go back.
- Went to my 10-year high school class reunion, everybody is pretty much the same, surprisingly.
- After some issues with my web hosting provider, I made the switch to Siteground*. They are excellent so far.
- Started streaming on Twitch consistently again. That led to us becoming Twitch Affiliates. So exciting!
- The most important (and scary) thing: Hurricane Irma (Category 5) will hit Puerto Rico today. It has been an incredibly anxious and scary time for all of us. We made all the necessary precautions, but for such a strong hurricane, that might not be enough. We’re hoping there are no deaths and everybody stays safe.
Will update as soon as I can. We are hoping we have electricity and water as soon as possible.
* This post may contain affiliate links