The last few months have been filled with growth, learning and changes. Decided to encapsulate a few memorable things in list form (like I’ve done in posts in the past), so it’s easier to digest and remember.
In general, this summer has been essential in exploring my boundaries as a person and accepting that some changes need to be done in order to have mental and physical sanity.
Career and Education
- 💻 In August, I was officially promoted to Lead Developer. This was something I was working towards for a long time and I’m ecstatic my employers trust me to be able to lead the production team and work as efficiently as possible.
- 📚 Started taking the Hubspot Academy courses so I can get a few certifications.
- 💪🏻 Have been using Beat Saber as my means of exercising. I’ve managed to switch over to Hard difficulty completely and am slowly getting better with scores with some songs. Songs from paid music packs are quite tricky to get perfect.
- 🌴 Went on a much needed weekend vacation to Aguadilla, PR. We also did the Sendero Trail hike from Surfer’s Beach to Survival Beach. My husband and I agreed that weekend getaways are a great way to disconnect and recharge. We plan to do them more often.
- 📖 Being a part of my friend’s book club has been therapeutic. Reading always makes me feel better. Since being a part of the club, we’ve read five books. Hoping to fit in a few other books outside of the book club and be able to achieve my 2021 Reading Challenge of 12 books.
- 📺 Started watching Chicago Med, my husband joined in during the middle of the first season and we’ve been hooked ever since. We’re halfway through season two. We’ve also been watching all the Marvel series on Disney+, What If? being the latest.
Goals for the next month
After some very intense work weeks, my goal for the next month is to free up and find more personal time to decompress and do other things that are not in front of a computer.
What are some of your goals for the next month?