I’ve been out of the loop – blogging wise – for a while. It wasn’t intentional, so I decided to do a little recap and list some things that have been going on:
- Went to Washington, D.C in May. My husband was a panelist at SAMHSA’s National Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day: Partnering for Help and Hope. So proud of everything he has accomplished.
- After working as a freelance web developer for a long time, the loneliness of working at home kept creeping in. In May, I got a job at a digital marketing agency as a Web Developer and Designer. It has been fun, I love my co-workers and I’ve definitely been challenged as a programmer, which is always good. Something I’m truly grateful for is that my job offers a lot of flexibility (I can work remotely if I need to).
- Built a custom PC in June. My old computer was five years old and could barely run any games or deal with resource intensive software. I’m in love with it. Here’s my build in case you want to check it out.
- Booked a trip to New York City in December to celebrate our third anniversary. We spent our honeymoon there and loved it, so we’re excited to go back.
- Went to my 10-year high school class reunion, everybody is pretty much the same, surprisingly.
- After some issues with my web hosting provider, I made the switch to Siteground*. They are excellent so far.
- Started streaming on Twitch consistently again. That led to us becoming Twitch Affiliates. So exciting!
- The most important (and scary) thing: Hurricane Irma (Category 5) will hit Puerto Rico today. It has been an incredibly anxious and scary time for all of us. We made all the necessary precautions, but for such a strong hurricane, that might not be enough. We’re hoping there are no deaths and everybody stays safe.
Will update as soon as I can. We are hoping we have electricity and water as soon as possible.
* This post may contain affiliate links
I’ve been thinking about writing a post for a long while but every time I tried I ended up deleting everything I wrote. So I figured it would be best to do a list of things that have been going on ever since my last post.
- Remember my post about water? Well, we have been in Phase 2 of water rationing for a few weeks now. We only have water three days out of seven. It is tough, but it makes me appreciate water so much more.
- Was able to rescue a dog that had escaped from her home. We were driving home and saw a dog running in the middle of the street, with her leash still attached, looking very disoriented. I parked right away and tried to get her attention so she could come to me. A car could have easily killed her. Fortunately, she had a chip and we were able to contact her owner. Her owner was so grateful when we met up with her to give her the dog. Things like this make me feel so happy, to be able to help.
- Have been reading “Looking for Alaska” by John Green. It’s a pretty good read, I need to finish it. I was going through it very quickly and then a bunch of stuff happened at once so I had to put it on hold. My goal is to finish the book within the next two weeks if possible.
- A few months ago I joined the Extra Life movement through Extra Life Puerto Rico, the local team. I have been actively participating, especially through streaming on Twitch. I’ve raised $139 so far which makes me really happy. I will talk about Extra Life in a future post. Being a part of this has been extremely positive.
- On August 29th, Juan and I attended a WWE Live event here in Puerto Rico, it was fun.[instagram url=http://instagram.com/p/6_Hr0JowUl hidecaption=true]
- Juan and I booked a hotel room in Aguadilla for next weekend. Juan’s birthday is on the 13th so we thought it would be fun to have a getaway weekend at one of our favorite places. Aguadilla has so many amazing places, especially places to eat.
And that’s what I’ve been doing lately in a nutshell. I hope to get back into writing mode. I miss it.